Climate of Kolkata/ Calcutta, India Average Weather
- Kolkata/ Calcutta, india, 22°32'N, 88°19'E, 6 m (21 ft)
- Kolkata/ Calcutta has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months, no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kolkata/ Calcutta is close to the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26.9 degrees Celsius (80.4 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1800 mm (70.9 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2609 hours.
- If Kolkata/ Calcutta were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Guwahati, India - 515.4 kms (320.3 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, India - 459 kms (285.2 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 459 kms (285.2 miles) NE
- Dhaka, Bangladesh - 252.3 kms (156.8 miles) ENE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 615.8 kms (382.6 miles) E
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 360.3 kms (223.9 miles) E
- Mindat, Myanmar - 593.1 kms (368.6 miles) ESE
- Sittwe, Myanmar - 541.5 kms (336.5 miles) ESE
- Kayukpyu, Myanmar - 642.9 kms (399.5 miles) ESE