Kolkata/ Calcutta Climate & Temperature
- Kolkata/ Calcutta, India is at 22°32'N, 88°19'E, 6 m (21 ft). See map.
- Kolkata/ Calcutta has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kolkata/ Calcutta is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 26.9 degrees Celsius (80.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.6 °C (19.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1800 mm (70.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1800 Litres/m² (44.15 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2609 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kolkata/ Calcutta you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Kolkata/ Calcutta, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Guwahati, India - 515.4 kms (320.3 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, India - 459 kms (285.2 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 459 kms (285.2 miles) NE
- Dhaka, Bangladesh - 252.3 kms (156.8 miles) ENE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 615.8 kms (382.6 miles) E
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 360.3 kms (223.9 miles) E
- Mindat, Myanmar - 593.1 kms (368.6 miles) ESE
- Sittwe, Myanmar - 541.5 kms (336.5 miles) ESE
- Kayukpyu, Myanmar - 642.9 kms (399.5 miles) ESE